Beers Law, a Celtic duo, Jan Moncrieff and Phil McCready, hailing from the “Green and the Blue”; Jan from Glasgow and Phil from Belfast. As a result, their music has a subtle celtic “cyan” feel to it encompassing styles from both sides of the Irish Sea.
Their repertoire ranges from Burns to Beatles and beyond, interspersed with many catchy and reflective self penned songs - some with their roots in the Scottish Heritage and others with a more contemporary base. Together they arrange and record Beers Law, The Crow Road Band, Alan McLean and other local artists at their studio, now based in Lochaber, Scotland in the heart of the Great Glen!
- Beers Law will be performing at the 2016 Boars Bridge Festival in Hampshire, UK on Sunday 26th June.
- In their other guise as The Crow Road Band they have released 2 new videos. Time and Ghosts in the Mist
- A new video release of Exciseman from the Soul of Man CD. Fimed on the Achnacarry Estate in the Scottish Highlands
- Thanks to John “The Prof” Matheson for playing Exciseman from our Soul of Man CD on his Nevis Radio Highland Fling show! You can listen to an extract in the sound bar below.
- A new video release of That Burns Lad from the Soul of Man CD
- A great night at Achnacarry Burns Supper 24 Jan 2015! (See below)
- We were included in the Whisky Kiss international video of Auld Lang Syne! http://youtu.be/jiKnm5zFdkA?t=40s
Watch some of our videos on YouTube
Beers Law recordings have been played on many radio stations including:
Nevis Radio, Scotland
Celtic Music Radio, Glasgow
Folk on Sunday, New Zealand
Dunoon Community Radio, Scotland
CKUA, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Blast 1386, Reading
BBC Celtic Roots, Glasgow
BBC Introducing, Scotland
Reading 4u, Reading
WDCE, Virginia, USA
Celtic Story, Oregon, USA
They have perfomed live at:
Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland
South Hill Park, Bracknell, Berkshire
Caversham Festival, Reading
Fleet Festival, Hants
Fox and Hounds, Fleet, Hants
Boars Bridge Festival, Basingstoke
Windmill, Ewshot, Surrey
Crowthorne Inn, Berkshire
The Old Courthouse, Cove, Hampshire
Park Inn Sessions, Haugesund, Norway
The Lamb Inn, Devizes, Wilts
Royal Oak, Corsham, Wilts
Green Sunday Festival, Aldershot, Hants
Toad and Stumps, Eversley, Hants
Portpatrick Festival, Dumfries and Galloway
And many more....